So, life has been busy lately and I took a bit of absence from the writing world. I’m getting my groove back though, so…here we go:
1. I took my munchkin’ to her first ever concert this week. (Squee!) We saw Taylor Swift. It was so cool to share such a special time together. We were both pretty much like this the entire time:
2. I have been organizing/reorganizing/organizing again to try and get things ready for the upcoming school year. Not only have I taken on a lot of work, but I am attempting to homeschool my daughter. Pray for me.
3. I still, sadly, have not written much on Destined. I have these awesome ideas in my head, but they just haven’t found their way on paper yet. I can’t wait to share the next book with the world, I just gotta carve out some time to git ‘er done.
4. Got to spend some time with my family this week. 🙂 Always love that. My mommy was off work this weekend and I got to work on a top-secret-super-awesome project with my sister-in-law. 😀
5. This past weekend (yeah, since it’s been that long since my last post) I got to be a part of a community event with my church. They teamed up with some local stores and we were able to hand out 3,000 backpacks to needy kids in the community. I had a little boy hug me and look me in the eye to genuinely say “thank you”. It was an awesome day.
6. We got a new kitten. Technically, we have gotten two new kittens since my last post. The munchkin just keeps x-ing out names on the food dish. 😦 First Alishia…then Jimmy…now Furrista.
7. My worst nightmare came true: we lost a book from the library. I know, I know…it’s not that big of deal, we’ll pay to replace it and move on. But still…I get major anxiety every time we go to check books back in. I count and recount them to make sure they are all there. I let my husband take them back this time…. Now, I’m not pointing fingers or anything, but, ahem…. Yeah.
Hope everyone has had a great couple of weeks! Glad to be back in the blogosphere!
Until next time. . .